- I want you to have the absolute freedom from within to share your voice & your wisdom with the world, and to be seen and heard on far reaching levels.
- I want you to have a rockin’ talk that does full justice to the importance of your message. One that has the power to move people. One that you totally OWN.
And then, I want the world to hear you.
This is the power of public speaking: through your voice, you can give in epic proportions to this world.
If fear or self-doubt has been holding you back, it’s time to move through it.
Let’s make art together out of your voice, and forever change the world in the process.
Let the legendary journey of your message begin…
KC Baker is an international women’s thought leadership and public speaking trainer, speechwriter, and two-time TEDx speaker who has clients such as Microsoft, Forbes, BMW, and McKinsey & Co. An Ivy League grad, former buttoned-up investment banker and legislative assistant to two US Senators, KC’s own struggle to claim her true voice triggered a decade-long spiritual and vocational quest. She blends Eastern philosophy, tantric energy practices, and spiritual inquiry into the way she supports women in finding the freedom to stand up and speak boldly from the heart. Women who have worked with KC to develop & deliver their talks have gone on to speak on stages such as TEDx, The American Heart Association, Bioneers, Emerging Women, Wisdom 2.0, Success 3.0, and more. KC has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, The Daily Love, The San Francisco Chronicle, Women 2.0, and has been hailed as “One of the Top Planetary Changemakers” by Origin Magazine. She lives in Northern California with her family.
Here’s What Women Have To Say About Working With KC:
In this 8-week virtual speech writing & public speaking training program you will:
- Come away with your epic talk, the one that positions you as a true thought leader for your work and message;
- Craft a talk that is approximately 18-20 minutes long (for those of you ready for TED & TEDx) and that can be expanded to a 45-60 minute keynote. This is what is known as an “accordian style” talk;
- Join 4 Live Group “Work Your Talk” calls with KC to receive support in writing and refining your talk;
- Engage with and experience the celebratory support of your fellow lady speechwriters and speakers in the course’s private yet very active Facebook forum, where you will practice sharing your message and receive brilliant celebration & refinement of your talk;
- As your final project, give your talk to a live audience of friends or colleagues in your community;
- Transform your fear and self-doubt about public speaking into grace, poise and authentic confidence, through KC’s unorthodox and radically effective practices;
- Learn how to deliver your message powerfully, purely, and in a way that deeply moves and motivates your listeners;
- Access KC’s premier public speaking training videos, exclusive only to members of this course;
- Receive KC’s guidance during this process, via recorded audio training calls & over 30 professional training videos;
- Get direction on how to set yourself up with your own speaking engagement, how to fill it & how to professionally film it so you can use that footage to promote your message, your business and create a speaker reel;
- Learn how to create your own speaker page for marketing purposes on your website;
- Receive reliable techniques and secrets for landing speaking engagements, including email and phone scripts
You will walk away from this program with a strong talk that is true to who you are and that communicates the impact you want to have on this world; the confidence and clarity to deliver it powerfully; and the know-how to get your message out there and be heard.
Here are the modules for the
Speak Up for Your Business Virtual Course:
Schedule for “Work Your Talk” Calls With KC:
There will be 4 live group “Work Your Talk” calls with KC during this course. All calls will be recorded and emailed to the class the next day in case you can’t make it. Call dates are as follows:
- Thursday August 4th at 12pm PST, 3pm EST, 8pm BST (British Summer Time)
- Thursday August 18th at 12pm PST, 3pm EST, 8pm BST (British Summer Time)
- Thursday August 25th at 12pm PST, 3pm EST, 8pm BST (British Summer Time)
- Thursday September 8th at 12pm PST, 3pm EST, 8pm BST (British Summer Time)
What is the value of this course?
A Love Note
TO THOSE WHO WANT TO DO THIS
But Feel Held Back By Financial Or Time Concerns
If you are feeling the pull of “Yes!! I want this!”, but nagging fears of not having enough money or time are pulling at you, let me tell you a little story.
For years I struggled financially, and was always busy up the wazoo “workin’ it” to make ends meet. I turned down many opportunities to invest in my voice, my message and my mission in the world because I was worried about money and time. The result: I continued feeling held back in getting my message out into the world & resistant to taking on big opportunities to do so…and I was pretty broke.
And then – I finally took a leap and invested in some solid voice training and in education that would allow me to really take my mission and my work where I wanted it to go. It was a huge scary leap for me financially and also because I was just scared to step into this next level of putting myself out into the world.
The tides turned for my personal level of contribution to the world and my income once I made that decision. I remember my work got rockin’ once I started sharing my core message and ideas in my marketing copy and once I started getting out there to speak at public events. It’s really true that what you value most is where you put your money and time.
And then, one morning, I realized I was super low on funds. I had been delivering on work but not marketing. I had a moment when I could have fallen down the same rabbit hole of panic I had fallen down so many times in the previous years. But instead, I realized something in that moment that has forever changed my life:
I realized that I would never have to worry about money again. All I ever had to do was get out there, and share from my heart what I believe in and my innovative ideas that I knew transformed people’s lives, and people would come work with me. That’s what I had started experiencing ever since I made that first initial investment and commitment in my voice and my business. And it’s what I experience today.
The moral of the story: I realized the source of money in my life was my voice, my message, and how I can serve people. Whenever I needed to bring in more income, all I had to do was speak up and serve.
It was one of THE most empowering realizations I’ve ever had.
If you have concerns about finances, consider investing in your real moneymaker: your voice and your message. Break the patterns of scrambling to make ends meet, holding back on your deepest longing to speak up and serve, and spending money on stuff that won’t set you free to serve on far reaching levels like your voice & your message will.
Invest in your voice, and you will step into a level of power to create contribution and wealth on your own terms like you have never known before.
In regards to time concerns, I want to take a moment here to mention something the ever-so-wise Tony Robbins once said that stuck with me, and has proven to be a huge help for me, my partner David and many of my super successful business women & men friends.
He said, more or less, that it’s focusing on the “highly important yet non urgent” things in life that will take us the furthest in our desires and our work in the world.
These are the super high leverage things that, when you do them, they will pay off in spades. (For example: getting crystalline clear on your message & finding the total freedom to get out there and share it, and as a result, being known for what you stand for, attracting a loyal tribe, being asked to speak at big events, having a big growth in demand for your work, and experiencing huge levels of contribution.)
HOWEVER, these highly important things are “non urgent”. They are things that if you didn’t do them, you would probably stay just where you are in life. They won’t put out fires, and they probably won’t put food on your table today.
But if you spend that little extra time to do those “highly important non-urgent things”, they will pay you off big time and put food on your table for a long time to come. It requires a forward vision. It requires wanting and planning on doing something truly great with your life and your work in the world. If you want that, then you need to do the highly important yet non-urgent things.
I know for me, I need to have some accountability and some fun with my girlfriends if I’m going to do this highly important yet non-urgent kind of stuff, so that’s why I created Speak Up for Your Business.
I created this for you so that you can have the accountability to do this high leverage work to clarify, own and put your best ideas into the talk you feel you were born to give. I break the work up so it’s easy and doable even in the midst of all the other things you have going on in your life (and trust me – I know it’s a lot).
Key point here: don’t let time concerns right now hold you back. There may never be a perfect or awesome time to do this when it’s all spacious and clear.
Decide to invest your time in this endeavor, and your life will automatically create space for you to complete on it. Powerful doors will open as a result. It’s amazing how that works.